Imagine that someone enters your website, sees the services and products you offer and does not make up their mind. He leaves the web and says something as common as “I’m going to think about it and I’ll be back if I’m interested “.
Then, that person goes to YouTube to see a video and suddenly a corporate video of your company in Dubai appears before the video. It is an advertisement in which you show the company inside, who is behind it and its history. That potential customer begins to trust your business, returns to your website and ends up buying.
What would have happened if you hadn’t remarketed on that user? Most likely, he would not have bought.
Would you like to be able to do this with your own company? Do you want those hesitant customers to make up their mind thanks to YouTube advertising? So follow this step-by-step guide to remarketing on YouTube and start turning your visitors into customers.
1. Create a YouTube and Adwords account
The first thing you need is to have an account on YouTube and another on Adwords. You can achieve both by creating a Gmail email, which you should already have if you have followed any of the tutorials that we have uploaded on the web during these months.
Once you have done it, you can connect your YouTube account with your Adwords account by following these steps:
- Log into YouTube and click on the icon with your channel name.
- Click on “My channel”and click on ” Video manager“.
- In the “Channel” section, look for the advanced options and click on “Link an Adwords account for video“.
- Click on “Link an Adwords account“, follow the instructions and click on finish.
- Check your email and follow the final steps to finish connecting both accounts.
2. Add a remarketing list to Adwords
Now you will have to create a list that includes all the users who enter your website. Basically what it will do is save the data of all the users who enter so that later you can show the advertising only to them through YouTube.
To create the list you must follow these steps:
- Log in to Adwords.
- Click on “Shared Library”on the left and on “Video Remarketing“.
- Click on “View” and then on “+ Remarketing List“.
- Select a list and a channel, fill in the form and click on « Create list«.
Once you have configured it, the list will begin to add potential clients. We recommend that in the number of days that you can save the data; you choose an amount according to the number of visits you receive. For example, if the website receives many visits per day you can set the cookie for 10-15 days, while if it receives few you should extend it to 15-30 days.
You will need to wait until there are at least 100 people on this list before you can start showing your advertising.
3. Create a video campaign in Adwords
We already have the account and the list; we just need to create the campaign. The steps to follow are very easy:
- Click on “Campaigns”within Adwords and then click on the red button” + Campaign“.
- Choose “Video”in the type of campaign.
- Fill in all the information about the campaign (budget, locations, languages and devices) and click on « Save and continue«.
- Choose a name for the campaign, add the URL of the YouTube video you want to use for remarketing, and set a maximum cost for each video playback. Don’t set it too high and start with a small cost per view.
- Click on “Restrict targeting” and select “Remarketing “.
- Click the double arrows next to the remarketing list you want to use, and then hit save.
- Click on « Save ad group«.
After all these steps the campaign will be ready to start working. Of course, as we have commented before, you will need at least 100 users to enter your website before it begins to show.
If your website receives many visits daily, the campaign will take little time to start, while if you receive a small drip of visits it will take longer to start.
Do you need help creating your remarketing campaign on YouTube?
The process is not complicated, but you may be a bit choking on the Adwords control panel or you may not understand very well how to carry out any of the 3 steps described in this guide.